Ringworm infection is contagious and need utmost care. Ringworms come in different types and affects different parts of the body including, groin, feet, scalp, hand, fingernails, body and face.
Symptoms of ringworm infection
- Rounded patches on the skin
- Skin Itchiness and redness
- Raised borders in it are red and scaly patches
- The groin areas are influenced with rashes that are painful and chafed
Prevention and Ringworm Treatment
If the ringworm is not cured properly, it might spread very briskly to remaining body parts which could end up with more complications. The following methods will help get rid of fungal infection as well as prevent it from spreading. The ringworm treatment can be carried out using the following.
- Anti fungal ringworm creams
- Shampoo or tablets
- Washing and drying the infected areas daily and especially giving much attention to the skin folds and between your toes.
- Wearing dry and changing your socks and underwear daily to avoid fungi persisting in skin flakes.
- Avoid scalp infection by not sharing combs and hairbrushes.
- Wearing loose clothes made out of cotton and washing clothes, towels and bed stuff daily.
Over the counter medication
Ringworms can be treated using medication prescribed by the pharmacist. Applying antifungal ringworm cream like phytozine (the FDA approved ringworm cream), gels and spray to the affected area daily. Use of antifungal tablets such as terbinafine, itraconazole and griseofulvin are often helpful in treating ringworm. Tables will prevent fungi from growing, multiplying and spreading.
It is the best remedy for curing antifungal infection. It will fasten the recovery speed by healing and preventing it from spreading to other parts of the body. Anti-fungal shampoos that are recommended include:
- Selenium sulphide
Anti-fungal nail paint
Nail infection is commonly treated using combination of anti-fungal tablet and nail paint.
They are safe to be used and can be applied on any part of the body with ringworm. They are healthy and beneficial because of the healing and natural properties loaded in them.